ACT English is a bit tough with its reading comprehension passage which tests your analytical abilities and quick responses in the form of answers. Developing reading fluency and comprehension skills adds to your ACT English scores.
There are some tricks and tips that help you top up your ACT English scores in a fine way. Here you have some such tips for acing your test.
- Have an eye on the basic rules of English: when you read the passages, have an eye on the grammar, spelling and vocabulary of the underlined words. Pick up the errors and try the answers. At times, the underlined ones will be right also. In such a case, choose No Change answer. Be quick and alert in finding out the mistakes.
- Be familiar with the basic tools of English: Some ACT English questions may focus on the basic tools of English like tone of the passage. Have an idea of such tools and be ready to face such questions.
- Read the entire passage for analysis: It is good to read the entire passage as there can be a question at the end which tests your overall understanding of the passage.
- Manage your time well: ACT English has 75 questions to be answered within 45 minutes. You can take only 50 seconds for a question and not more than that. Be focused in your reading so as to pay attention to every detail in the passage without deviation.
- Know the two basic areas in English: Standard written English and rhetorical skills. In standard written English, you should be familiar with sentence structure, grammar and usage and punctuation. Rhetorical skills include style, organization and strategy. Despite your knowledge in these areas, it is actually your ability to read the basic text that comes in handy for you.
- Get a tutor for help: Getting online tutoring help for improving your test strategies is the right succor for acing ACT English for top scores. Online ACT English tutor explains the intricacies of the reading passages and the methods to approach them for hassle free and quick answers. He shows you what kind of mistakes occur in the passages and how to find them out with his practice tests and examples.
- Prepare beforehand and sit for mock tests: Scheduling your ACT well before time and taking the assistance of a reliable website for practice questions, comprehensive test material surely helps you go to the top with brilliant scores. Sit for mock tests under test conditions to experience the pressure of the test day and seek remedies for your stress and tension through able tutors.
- Practice relaxation techniques: Despite your preparation, it is a big day and you are sure to fumble a little. Practice relaxation techniques for keeping yourself cool and go to the hall with a composed mind.
EduNiche offers ACT English help for the benefit of students who aspire to win marvelous scores in ACT English and go for prestigious college entries.