When SAT or ACT knocks at your doors, you feel overwhelmed and find yourself in a fix. Proper test prep techniques boost your test scores and help you achieve entry into your dream college. Here are a few top tips for preparing and attending Standardized Tests.
- Practice and practice: Practice makes things perfect. One thing is you shed off your fear of facing the Test. Secondly, you get used to the format of the Test and attend the real test with ease. Thirdly, you understand what your weak area is and concentrate on it more.
- Have an extended period of study time: Taking SAT/ACT with last minute prep is not the way to ace it. You need to schedule your exam date well in advance, sit for your prep for a few months and then take the Test for ensuring successful scores.
- Develop the habit of accepting test pressure: Last minute jerks, instructions of the examiner and twisted questions in the test paper should not pull you down on the Test day. You can get over your stress through two ways: One thing is to sit for practice tests with the same time schedules of the actual test and the other thing is practicing relaxation techniques to get over your anxiety and tension.
- Getting external help for improving your study skills: It is not that you sit the whole day and night for SAT or ACT preparation and work wonders. Instead, approach tutoring centers that showcase expert tutors who handle SAT or ACT syllabus with their experience and chalk out ways and means through which you can ace the Test without hassle. Online tutoring sites offer major help through their practice tests, comprehensive test prep material, regular tutoring and personalized sessions for clarifying doubts.
- Have a relaxed mind to face the Test on the big day: Sleep well and have good breakfast. Read the questions in full and eliminate wrong answers. Keep up your time and then it is all success for you.
Make the best use of available resources for your help like online tutors for SAT or ACT and do your best in the Test.